Monday, May 20, 2013

Not Letting Rain Stand in My Way



Have you seen the movie Pippi Longstocking?


 Its been a long time since I have seen it but I remember this one scene where she is outside watering her plants when it is pouring rain. Her friends stop by on the way to school and ask why she is watering the plants in the rain. She responds "I was up all night looking forward to watering the plants and I'm not going to let a little rain stand in my way!"

That was me today. I woke up to find it raining. Slightly disappointed, I hoped that it would blow over during the day and I could go to my plot after work. By mid afternoon it was beautiful outside. I was excited! 20 minutes before I left work, it started raining again.
Really? 
Unshaken, I went to my garden anyway. Remarkably, I actually didn't get wet. I stopped by at just the right moment between downpours. After checking to make sure none of the transplants have been harmed by the rain or wind and that everything had gotten enough water, I went inside the library. 5 minutes later, the hardest downpour of the day was upon us. Yup, my plants got enough water!

Sadly, no little plants are finding the sunlight yet. I know I just planted them a day or two ago, but can't they hurry up!


1 comment:

  1. I watered in the rain today, too! It was a light sprinkle when I watered, and wanted to be sure the little seedlings got wet enough. Later, we did get several downpours. Fun image, Pippi and her crazy braids, standing in the rain with a watering can.

    ReplyDelete