Monday, June 3, 2013

Gardening and skirts



They don't go very well together!

Last week I went to the first gathering of a crafting club. There are only 5 of us so far, but we are hoping to have more join us. The idea is to share our different crafting expertise so we can all learn new abilities. First up: we are learning to sew a circle skirt!

I went shopping yesterday and found some fabric:


The elastic band will be the waist/belt of the skirt. I am excited to see how it works out this Wednesday.

One of the reasons we all decided on a skirt was two of the girls are doing a no-pants-summer challenge. They want to wear skirts all summer long. I thought, hey, I could do that too!


Wearing a skirt to work=no problem.
Wearing a skirt to the garden after work on a windy day=big problem.
So I am giving my summer challenge some leeway. 
Skirts at work.
 Pants at the garden!

I did manage to get a little work done today. I got some tomato cages in:

Then I stood for awhile and admired the plants...

Look at those cabbages! It makes me so happy! 

Beets and spinach 

Radish 

Peas! 

Corn and beans



1 comment:

  1. I think pants while gardening is a good idea - or a really long, full skirt? Can't wait to see the finished skirt. Love the growing plants - an amazing process. I picked a turquoise tomato cage for mine.

    ReplyDelete