Saturday, June 15, 2013

Salad-In-A-Jar

One of my goals for this:



Is to become this:

A salad in a jar!
My favorite grab-and-go lunch!

Step 1: Collect the supplies

Step 2: Pour the dressing into the jars. As little or as much as your like!

Step 3: Start with hard veggies. I usually use carrots first.

Step 4: Add soft veggies. I added bell peppers and cucumber.

I found an interesting surprise inside one of the peppers: a pepper growing inside a pepper?


Step 5: Add the lettuce.





Step 6: Enjoy!


These will keep for 7-10 days. I made 5 jars last night. It took 10 carrots, 2 bell peppers, 2 cucumbers, and then I just stuffed lettuce in until each jar was full. Probably about 1 cup each.

Think my garden will supply me with these goodies?

1 comment:

  1. Ooo, I like this idea very much. Thanks for sharing it. It's just the thing for a quick healthy start to any meal, or for a healthy snack any time of day. I'm stopping by, by way of Maureen's blog.
    Karen A.

    ReplyDelete