Monday, August 12, 2013

Zucchini Chips Fail

Last night I made some kale chips that were super easy and uber delicious! With zucchini coming out of my ears, I need to come up with some more ways to use it other than chopped in my salad and steamed with dinner. So I thought, "hey, zucchini chips! That will be easy!"

I laugh at my own ignorance now.

I basically followed the same process as the kale chips (I also looked up a couple recipes and found the same process used)

Slice thinly and spread on cookie sheet

Sprinkle olive oil, pepper and salt over the top.  

The recipe I found said to bake at 375 for 30 minutes, turning them over at 15 minutes. So I put them in and set the timer to 15 minutes. 

I pulled them out at 15 minutes and found them either sticking/burnt to the pan or very mushy.  

I gave them another 2-3 minutes before just pulling them out. I was only going to do more damage.


Not sure I will be able to get some of those off! 
Chalk it all up to another lesson in the kitchen (and more arm muscles trying to scrub that off!)

On the up-side, I discovered I love the taste of pepper on zucchini! 

Any other ideas for what to do with my truck loads of zucchini? 



No comments:

Post a Comment